- Since SEO is a rapidly changing industry, you must keep up with all of the latest trends. When Google makes a change to its ranking algorithm, many website owners freak out, especially those who don’t understand how search engines work or what it takes to optimize a search engine.
- Here’s everything you need to know about the latest SEO updates in 2022. It will make finding information (and writing content) easier-as long as you can form a coherent sentence and turn a phrase. Major and the latest updates are listed below, keep reading to know all important key points-
Intentions of Users
The user intent or search intent is which goal or intention a user has when entering a search term into a search engine. Most SEO Experts believe that this is when you need to stop thinking about SEO content and create content keeping the user intent in mind and by focusing on keywords. Google is focusing on the results based on the intent behind the keyword entered by the user, and more refining the results. So experts also need to focus accordingly.
- This latest SEO update has been released to help webmasters and content marketers stay ahead of the curve. Google intends to provide the best experience for its users by helping them find what they are looking for.
SERP Localization & Changes
Local SEO is the practice of optimizing your content according to the local search results. Why is local search important? It is so as approximately half of all Google results are for local businesses. Wikipedia articles, GMB completion, site markup, and knowledge panels, as well as third-party and industry site reputation assist in rankings.
- If you don’t focus on local SEO, you’re probably not even on the first page. This means that the vast majority of people will never see your business website. The majority of people will click one of the first links they see on Google. You can rise above and compete with other local businesses in your niche through local SEO strategies.
Mobile & User Experience
When it comes to mobile SEO strategy, the user experience (UX) is the single most important factor for success. You want to think about how your website’s look and feel changes when a mobile browser switches from landscape to portrait mode. Search engines consider load time as a prime factor in ranking results, so slower sites will struggle to compete with sites that can load content quickly on a mobile device. Quick loading on mobile will result in a longer user presence on the website. It can boost your rankings.
- The mobile-first index is now live and it’s a huge change for SEOs, webmasters, and content marketers. Google will be ranking sites based on how well they are optimized for mobile devices. This means that if you want to rank in SERPs, you will need to invest in responsive design and mobile-friendly websites.
Quality of content
Quality of content is still important but it has become more challenging with all the changes and updates Google makes every few months. Solid content creation is the best way to make sure you’re able to strategically use those keywords. This one isn’t just about writing something on your website and hoping that it ranks, it’s a holistic approach. Keywords are being used in different kinds of content such as blog posts, press releases, images, meta tags, title tags, page URL structure, and more. While there are benefits of solid content creation for both SEO and UX, this also helps your brand compete with your competitors in the industry.
- Content creators, and marketers working on SEO, should take note that the success of any content marketing campaign is about quality. Quality content is so important for not only engaging readers but also for ranking your website higher in the search engines. In pursuit of quality content, you should be aware of what the audience wants.
- WillShall offers reliable content marketing services specializing in brand publishing, social media management, and media relations. Call us today for more!
E – A – T
E-A-T stands for Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness. When Google assesses your site, they look at the E-A-T of your content or site to ensure that it satisfies their Quality Raters’ Guidelines. These guidelines are intended for human raters who are reviewing sites manually.
- Google has said that these guidelines should also help to inform its algorithm in terms of the quality of content that it is ranking. E-A-T is one of the factors that Google considers when determining the overall quality of a website. It is still at the cutting edge of SEO upgrades and will remain for many years to come.
- SEO is an ongoing process that should never end. Google upgrades its algorithm frequently almost 500 to 600 times each year and covering all the aspects will be a tough task for all the SEO professionals and digital marketers. These SEO updates will help you create an SEO-friendly website yourself and ensure that search engines favor your website over others. But don’t forget to use the right keywords and also keep other google ranking factors in your mind while creating pages, blogs, and links.