An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Highlight of Google updates in May, 2018
Google is known to update its algorithm, several times in a year. While most of the updates are minor, there are significant updates that affect the search results. It is important to stay informed about the updates, especially for marketers, to understand the rankings, website traffic and other analytics, which eventually helps them improve their search engine optimization techniques.
- Like all other years, and this year is no exception for Google updates. If we look at the month of May only, we have come across five updates in just one month. Let’s have a look at all of these:
- May 7-8, 2018: This update was significantly done for the overall website quality.
- May 14, 2018: There were frequent fluctuations in the rankings and traffic. This update was a mild quality update.
- May 17-18, 2018: There were a few sites that got affected by this quality update. Previously, such update happened on April 30, 2018 that affected the same websites.
- May 22-24, 2018: This can be counted as one of the significant updates. The websites that were affected by previous updates were affected again. Websites that were into link buying saw major drops.
- May 25, 2018: This update got the GDPR into effect.
- In the age of Penguin and Panda, you do not need to worry about these changes in SEO algorithms. With SEO experts from Willshall, you do not need to bother about these updates because we build websites that perform better and are not dependent on backlinks. Thus, we do not panic at times of extreme algorithm updates too. That being said, you can never predict what Google is going to change. They drop mere hints about any update that is going to happen in a week. The marketers keep wondering what changes would have been made that led to the drop or gain of the affected websites. To figure out the list of affected websites, you can use Searchmetrics that is suitable for this kind of tasks.
- While the Google algorithm changes keep rolling out time and again, we take responsibility of analyzing the data of finding out which websites and businesses have been affected. As SEO experts, we always recommend every organization to emphasize on good copywriting. To improve your organic search results, we help you with the best SEO practices by defining an authentic selling proposition of your business.
IF YOU HAVE A DIGITAL MARKETING, DESIGN OR DEVELOPMENT PROJECT YOU WANT TO DISCUSS
GET IN TOUCH